CST 300 - Week 1

Introduction
This will be the first of many posts, 100 to be exact, on my 2 year journey to finish my degree. I am working towards a B.S. in Computer Science and will be posting my weekly updates for each course. This first week has so far been a pleasant reminder of how exciting it is to be back in school. I know already that the most difficult aspect of the program will be learning to balance time and effort between work, home, and school. But I am committed to seeing this program through to the end, and challenging myself to get as much out of it as I possibly can.
Learning Journal
The learning journal seems like a great way to both keep myself on track with assignments, but also to keep  track of your thoughts and feeling about how I am doing in the program. My progress in University courses has always felt very ambiguous, as if I wasn't sure how I was doing in any particular class compared to my peers until the final grades were sent out. The learning journal seems like a way to not just vocalize my own concerns with whatever course I am taking at the moment, but also see if others are struggling in a similar way that I am. This makes it both easier for me to bring my concerns to faculty and other students, and to reach out to anyone who I might be able to assist with an issue.
Industry Analysis Outline 
I think I will, for the most part, enjoy this assignment. It was fun to spend a day researching various tech companies and surprising to find how quickly I gravitated towards LMS of all things. I have always had an interest in education and would love to have a career where I could use my technical skills as well, and LMS's like Canvas seem like a way tech can help out educators without getting in their way or taking away much-needed jobs.
This assignment was the first time I've ever had to put my career plan into writing. Which was...illuminating. I realized I should be doing more to reach out to others, instead of hoping my resume and degree alone will get me the position(s) I'm hoping for. 

1 Week Down, 99 To Go! 

Comments

Popular Posts