CST 311 - Week 5

It's been a busy few months...

Between these classes, being given more responsibilities at work, family emergencies, and planning a wedding (12 days away now) it has been difficult to find the time to work on anything other than the necessities of my classes. 

But so far, CST 311 has gone very smoothly. I have been exposed to a lot of these ideas from work without really having the opportunity to learn the underlying mechanics of how they work. For example, I know how my company's network and subnet mask is configured, but not why it was configured that way. I knew that we had to connect through a VPN network to access our servers from outside the network, but not all of the subtle details surrounding NAT and the other ways we could gain access besides IPSEC VPN. I have also gotten very familiar with our network's firewall devices, but had no prior knowledge to how a router forwarded IP addresses to different interfaces or how a SDN worked.  

Comments

Popular Posts