CST 361S - Week 3

Week 3

The majority of the work I did at the museum this week was continuing my archiving project. There is quite a bit of information still left to be digitized and it is a slow process. The only way to find the files are by visually searching through the thumbnails I was given. With a collection of hundreds of paintings, finding a specific painting to document can take anywhere from 1-5 minutes. Once this portion of the project is done, however, I can start work on archiving the work digitally, which I can also do remotely.

I have spent just under 15 hours at my site so far. I expect to spend around 40 hours on the project depending on how the museum decides to proceed. 

The plans for how the artwork will be presented to the public has changed slightly. I found out this week that the webmaster for the museum's site lives full time in Venezuela and is, understandably, not comfortable with having me work on the site directly since there is also a language barrier between us. There are a few options I need to explore before continuing the project. The museum already has an established Facebook and Instagram account that could host the pictures and descriptions. If that is not an option, I will either try to present another "blog" style site (Tumblr, WordPress) or, if they are able to add it to their budget, a website builder that is capable of hosting GBs worth of data they need to present. 

Comments

Popular Posts