CST 361S - Week 4

Week 4

So far, I have completed about 19 hours in total at my site. It really hasn't felt like I have accomplished enough in that time. This week involved more I.T. work than usual. Along with making progress on the digitizing project, I also set up a new workstation for the museum. I hope to scroung some spare parts from work to try and upgrade the computer. Its an old desktop that came with XP and is mainly still used because it has a licensed version of Adobe Photoshop 4 and Coral Draw. I am still hoping to migrate the museum to a newer image editing software, but they at least have their old desktop up and running in case they ever need to go back to their original workflow.

I also found a new free (for personal use) app called AnyDesk. It allows any two devices with the app to share a remote session just by sharing an app-provided 9-digit address. It now allows the director to access both workstations from home where she does the majority of her work. Also she has an external accountant that frequently needs to do remote work on these computers. And she often complained about having to make her 45-minute commute just to turn on the computer to allow a remote session or to put a file on a flashdrive. 

Comments

Popular Posts