CST 338 - Week 6

UML

I have not done any software development in a professional setting. My other Java courses have only briefly covered multithreading in assignments like these. I had most of my exposure to multithreading in an Android devlopment class. Next's weeks assignment should be fun.
This week went a lot more smoothly than last week. We had our assignment done a day early, which hasn't happened since week 3. Having the Threading done first cause a little bit of an issue, as I figured out how to incorporate it into our program, not perfectly, but well enough. But after phase 3 was completed I had to move around the Timer thread. It eventually worked but it felt messy and I don't know exactly what rule I broke, but the visibility of my Timer and main class was "out-of-whack" to say the least.
Encapsulation is still the biggest misunderstanding I have with Java, and maybe programming in general. I know its important and want to get better at it, it just tends to cause some frustration when debugging and trying to write programs that are too large for me to understand and finish in a week. 

Comments

Popular Posts