CST 300 - Week 8

Links to Our Final Project

Our Longer Video on the CAP Theorem
Our Short Video

Final Reviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIj-qgSCYcM&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV9Dt7-OvjA&feature=youtu.be
Bioinformatics - Tech Life Balance
The topic was well covered in a clear and concise way. It gave a broad, but informative overview of Bioinformatics. The use of video clips kept the video visually interesting and had a nice balance of related footage, talking head presentations, and voice over clips. It was well edited and researched. It also helped that the team made the effort to meet in person to work on all of the videos, as the extra collaboration is apparent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgJC7ITq_eU&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dp7ZlWjQlM&feature=youtu.be

Internet of Things - Software Solutions
The topic was covered very clearly. There was a lot of information with a corresponding power point. The video gave a comprehensive description of all commonly used Smart Devices that are now on the market, specifically as it relates to home goods. The information was all well presented. It would have been interesting to see more unique applications of "Smart" technology or possibly the ethical implications of now developing products that are, by default, connected to the internet and that track your daily habits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zht49bsFU2A&feature=youtu.be
https://youtu.be/ZjUHlpwdW9A
 
Access to Computer Science in Schools
Engaging and well-researched video. While only using static images, the video was still entertaining. The use of music, simple animations, and an upbeat voice recording made helps the video keep the audience's attention. Good descriptions of current educational coding tools like Scratch.

Weekly Learning Journal 

     I might be in the minority by saying that I very much enjoyed this course. While I am much more interested in moving on to more hands-on courses, this class was a nice introduction into the program. I'm sure that having the chance to get used to the online environment, working closely with a team, and working out my school/work/life balance during this first class will help tremendously with the rest of the classes in the program. I also learned more than I was expecting about the industry and tech-related topics I would have never researched on my own.

     Having a close-knit cohort with a small team and close connection with faculty was one of the primary reasons I chose this program. And after finishing this first class, I'm very happy with my decision. My team and I communicate extremely well and have not felt more comfortable with voicing my concerns, questions, or ideas with any other academic group that I've been a part of. Going forward I think our team will have even more to talk about once the coding starts. Which just means we'll have even more opportunities to work on communicating effectively and to help each other out.

It might be the case that I didn't mind this class since I don't really hate writing all that much. Either way, I'm still grateful for the way this class eases students into the program rather than throwing us all in to the deep end at once.

Comments

Popular Posts